Another day with 8.45am lesson .. arghhhh .. The 1st lesson was Maths, and even the freshest & clearest mind didnt save us from being totally blown away by its extreme complexity .. I guess this is wat they meant by "speechless".. :X Thank goodness there wun be exams for Maths .. otherwise Delft will be witnessing mass mortality ..The lesson after Maths was introduction to River Basin .. and in the aftermath of Maths, this lessons seems so much more normal & pleasant .. even though we were given a 2000-word writeup assignment to do. Nope, no complaints at all..
Next item is lunch - dear old lunch. I had the sausage with wedges & apple sauce and a soup (shucks, forgot the name). Hmm, I do realize tat the photo is not really doing justice to it .. it's actually very tasty, especially the sausage. With such sumptuous lunch everyday, really got to watch my waistline!
We continued our intro to River Basin lesson after lunch, and for just a short. It was a very welcomed early day off, as there's still a Maths assignment due on Friday, and I havent get started yet. So I went to the library, hoping to find a book tat could answer my prayer .. and yes, I did! Phew .. haha .. I'm saved! (sorry.. got too excited & forgot to take photos) Then I went to the computer lab to get the assignment typed out. After some 2 hours of pain & sweat, I'm finally done with the assignment! Yeah!By then, it was 6pm, just in time for me to join a social event - Meet-the-Dutch session - an informal session for us new international students to get to know the Dutch people/culture/etc better. There was about 20 of us, and we took a causal little 10min walk to the venue. We were later joined by around 15 international students from the Technical University Delft. There we were treated to Dutch food - marshed potato with vege, creamy chocolate vanilla for dessert & end with coffee & bisucits. Very lovely of them hor? The only thing tat was missing is the Dutch people. We have 35 international students gathering together for a Meet-the-Dutch session and yet there wasnt a single Dutch person .. strange isnt it? Haha ..


After tat, a few of us headed for a local bar for a drink. Wednesday happens to be THE clubbing day of the week (goodness know why!) and there were tons of people in the tiny pub! By 11pm, there's hardly space to move. The place was quite bright with background music being played (not live, unfortunately) but nobody is dancing. All they did was talking and drinking beer. So un-happening compared to SG's clubbing scene. Oh, there we met our Maths lecturer's daughter, and she looks exactly like her mother! So weird to be pubbing with your lecturer's daughter, isnt it? Ever the non-party guy, I left the place at around 12am.
2 comments:
non-party guy??? oh pls dont delude yourself :-p
haha .. our days of partying are over, arent't they? :)
Post a Comment