Thursday, November 8, 2007

8 Nov 07 (Thursday, Delft)

Finally, a day with no 845am lessons .. thank goodness, as I slept at like 2.30am last night after the local pub. Had a really good night's sleep and got up only at 9.30am :P

1045am is another Maths lecture again .. never seems to have an end to this, doesnt it? As usual, it takes Einstein to understand the painfully complex lesson .. and obviously xiaoqi is no Einstein. But I take comfort in the equally lost look so many other sported. Haha ..

After Maths, we break for lunch. I had the spicy chicken drumlets with apple sauce and linden soup. Umm, if only all the lessons are as satisfying & enjoyable as lunch .. Oh, my cashcard was out of money when I try to pay for my lunch. Thankfully the cafe manager allowed me to pay at a later time, and insist that I finished the food before it turned cold .. so kind of him hor? Thanks a million, man!

After lunch was a lecture on hydraulics, and it was quite enjoyable. The lecturer is a Professor from English, so he spoke really clear & comprehensible English, and often punctuated with a light touch of humour!

Today is Thursday, so there is sort of a "pasar malam" going on in the central market. So I went there to take a look, and also to just have a causal walk around. I chanced upon a MacDonald's while walking around, and it's the only one in Delft (I think). The decor is certainly more subdued here compared to SG's, and is less popular too as it is less than half-filled. A typical meal costs around €5 here .. much costlier than SG prices after currency conversion.



As I walked, dark clouds came and it started drizzling! Shucks, I hate the rain, as it would ruin my hairstyle. So I quickly made my way home, seeking shelter under my umbrella, with the cold wind blowing furiously (Netherlands is really flat, so wind is especially strong) & freezing many parts of me. Even the ducks are "ducking" in their feathers under the chill!

In this cold weather, I could really do with some hot soupy dinner. So armed with some ordinary noodles and ordinary shrimp wantons but extraordinary culinery skills, I whipped up a bowl of really delicious shrimp wanton noodles to warmed me from inside. :)

No comments: