The 1st lesson was introduction to my course specialization - River Basin Development, with 2 lecturers giving us a broad overview of the modules tat we'll be learning in the course. Am particularly excited about the Flood Forecasting module as it is most relevant to my area of work back in SG. Will be good if there's something new here tat I can bring back to share with my colleagues and improve the work flow.

Then we break for lunch .. yeah, always the highlight of my day! I had the steak with rice & some broccoli soup. The steak looks like it was medium-done, with some traces of blood oozing out as I cut it up :P and the soup was creamy and good! Love the soup here! Had lunch with several course-mates, talked about the end-of-year holiday tours, and found out tat one of them is going skiing at the Alps, Switzerland! So envious ..

The lesson after lunch was Maths, talked all about matrix and stuff, and .. assignment 2! At this rate, how not to sleep late? This assignment requires some research on something tat is not covered in the lecture notes. So u can imagine why the library is suddenly especially popular today with so many Maths books being borrowed out! Haha ..

That brings us to the end of the day, and I headed to the computer lab to practice my Matlab (very onz hor?) . Haha .. quite determined to master this program, as I heard it's very powderful & useful! But only had little success as I was multi-tasking between msn-ing, emailing and helping out some fellow students with their Matlab exercises.. By 6pm, my mind starts to get goggy with the explosion of syntax & second-guessing their meanings .. decided to call it a day & continue tmr. Cycled back to hostel in the freezing evening ..
It's dinner time! I cooked some instant noodles to go with some canned curry chicken (leftovers from Sunday dinner). Hey, dun judge my noodles by its average looks, k? It is very tasty actually. And it is especially pleasurable to munch the food slowly, allowing the flavours to tantalize every part of the tastebuds, while doing some light reading ..

Continued my Maths revision after dinner, no thanks to the assignment given to us this afternoon. Luckily I have my favourite coffee and biscuits to keep me company thru this journey .. Ok, it's now 12.45am & xiaoqi needs to do up his Maths assignment. Adieos!
4 comments:
very hardworking, can??!!
u r being miss
told u all that student life's is goin to be tough .. believe me now? :)
xiaoqi miss u all too!
Post a Comment