Class today is not quite related to our course, but rather is mainly to familiarise us with the resources of the school that is available to us, e.g. library, computer lab, intranet, emails, softwares, etc. (tats me and my house-mate & the lecture hall)

After class ended at 12pm, we went to visit the mini-"pasar malam". I believe this is the scaled down version of the Thu's one as several stall owners look really familiar. Being a Saturday and keen to experience Dutch's lifestyle, I've decided the best way is to start with their food! I tried their malt (or honey?) pancake (at €1), hmm quite good actually, with the melted malt sandwiched between 2 ultra crispy pancakes.

After the pancake, I came across a burger stall, and decided to try it too. The burger (called Broodje gehakt & cost €2.30) is so-so, maybe it's the bread tat I dun like. Then my housemate wanted to buy some fried herrings (he's a fish meat-lover), but instead came back with fried mussels dipped in mayo sauce (€3). This taste great too - very similar to soft shell crab!

Oh, there is also a stall selling herring - the herrings are prepared and consumed on the spot! I'm quite full already with the pancake & burger, guess I'll try it the next time :)

I left the pasar malam shortly coz I'm meeting a Malaysian chinese senior (Mr Wong) who is bringing me to buy bicycle lock & lights. Check out a few stalls, made some comparisons of the prices, and finally got them. Now just need to ask Mr Salama (2nd hand bicycle dealer-cum-repair man who sold me the bicycle) to help me fix up the lights, and I'm ready to cycle even at night. Wow, it's terribly cold to cycle in the evening .. the wind will very quickly freeze your hands. So I have my hands take turn to steer the bicycle, with the resting hand hiding behind my back to avoid the cold. Really very grateful to Senior Wong for sacrificing his time to bring me around & help me settle down!
I cooked my noodle dinner again :) I find it really convenient - jus heat it up and it's ready to fill my stomach in 10min! Oh, and today marks the opening ceremony of this blog! I decided to set up my blog, so tat all my frens can know what's happening to me here. So, stay tuned!!
No comments:
Post a Comment