Wow, the morning temperature actually went down to minus 1 degree!! Aiyo, need to be so cold meh? But even this cold weather was unable to dampen my enthusiasm, as today marks my very 1st cycling ride to IHE! Cycling in this cold weather is actually more chilly than walking because the wind blows right onto your face and really numbs your eyes, nose & lips!! So I'm not taking any chances - I have my shawl round my neck, gloves protecting my fingers (the gloves leaves much to be desired) and put on my thick warm Zara coat! Very stylo-milo rite? :P

Well, the journey didnt turn out as well as I thot .. my bikestand keeps getting in the way of my tyre, so much so that at some point, my bike just jammed and I've to get down to check. After lotsa of determination & aching leg muscles, I finally got the bike to the IHE. Haha, so much for my virgin ride ... Here, bicycles get as much social status as cars (maybe even more), and bicycle sheds are built for parking bikes! Check out the underground bicycle shed at my shcool.

Class in the morning is Group Work. After that we adjourned for lunch - something I look forward to everyday as it is my only proper meal of the day.. kelian hor? I took vegetable soup and fish pieces/chunks. And this has got to be the least oily fried fish I ever had. As usual, I couldnt finish the very large serving of fries. Lunch was spent getting to know several Vietnamese fellow students.

Class ended at about 6pm, and I eagerly embarked on my return journey on my bike with Arman and a fellow coursemate - Franto. But my bike jammed again!! Shucks! After talking a good look, I realized that the back wheel has skewed to one side, and that caused the back wheel to abrase against the bikeframe, brake & bikestand. No wonder I had so much difficulty getting the bike to move. So my only recourse is to push the bike back to hostel. Felt apologetic to Arman and Franto who accompanied me in pushing their bikes too. So sorry .. I called up our trustworthy Mr Salama who got the bike fixed in a flash. Let u know if exceptional leg muscles are still called for tomorrow.
We have Franto staying for dinner with us. So we bring out our best food - bread, hazelnut paste, jam, juices, cookies and *drumroll* the bottled herring! Franto was quite apprehensive and thot the herrings look like snakes in the bottle, and politely insist that I try it first. To assure him that it is safe to eat, I tried first and found it to be really sour! He gingerly ate one while Arman took one too. Haha .. the garlic version still taste better.
No comments:
Post a Comment